Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Last Vacation of my Vacation

That's right. I'm heading back to school in two days. Boo! It has been a beautiful summer, and I'm relaxed and happy. As I prepare my classroom and lesson plans, I just have to keep focused on our trip to Hawaii in September!

To finish off my summer break, I reconnected with my college roommate! It's been 6 years since we've talked, but it was as if we'd never been apart. She's that kind of friend - the best kind!

On Friday morning, I got up at 3:30 AM to head out on the road. I had 400 miles to drive, and didn't want to sit on the freeways in LA for half the day! With only a few pit stops (including the SCARIEST off ramps in Fresno - I have a knack for exiting the freeway in the WORST part of any town) I made it to Manteca, and Stephanie's new house, by lunch! We spent the rest of the day trading stories, sharing pictures, playing with Steph's brand new puppy, Lola. Mom Honzell came over for dinner and we did more catching up!

Sweet Lola! She is 6 weeks old and just over two pounds!


Saturday was the highlight! Some friends of Steph's live on Discovery Bay off the California Delta. They decided to take their boat out for the day, so we headed over for some sun, swimming, and tequila, of course!








Sunday was our day of rest. We made it to church, and I got to tour her church's new facility. The sermon was AWESOME, about the indescribable size of God. We then lunched with mom and dad Honzell, and did some more chatting! That night we watched Confessions of a Shopaholic. I thought it was great! Not as good as the books, but really, what movie is? It was cute, and perfect for girl time.

I had to leave on Monday to drive back home, but, again, I didn't want to sit on the freeways in LA, so I spent the morning with Stephanie and her roommate and headed home around 2.

It was such a great time, seeing Stephanie again and getting to reconnect! Everyone I talked to couldn't believe I had left San Diego to vacation in Manteca. I told them all that San Diego is great, but only Manteca has Stephanie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment