Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What We've Been Up To ~ A Photo Tour

I haven't been spending much time on the computer lately. Tessa and I have been so busy! I try to do something with her almost every day so we can get out of the house and enjoy San Diego! I took her down to Mission Bay on her two month birthday just to relax and enjoy the weather. She really loves being outside!
As I was looking through the pictures, I found this one that I think is absolutely beautiful. Her eyelashes are to die for!

On Memorial Day weekend, we spent time with Ryan's family. We drove up to Ventura (what a nightmare driving through LA!) and celebrated Tyhler's 14th birthday!!


Since the drive up to Ventura was a nightmare, we drove home early Monday morning (like at 4:30 am!) and spent the day poolside in Rancho Santa Fe with Aunt Linda!


Isn't the view breathtaking!


We've also had a parade of house guests. Ryan's mom and sister came down just before Memorial Day and spent a few days. Molli came back down with us after Memorial Day to spend a few more days with us. Bethany came down for one evening as well. Our home cleared out for only one day before Ryan's dad came down for a few days! Our families just can't stay away from Tessa for too long!

On Sunday, my Baby Mamas group held a nanny speed-dating event where parents came and we interviewed a bunch of babysitters in a speed-dating style, where we had about 3 minutes with each girl before rotating to the next. It was a lot of fun and a bunch of great girls came out for the event! Tessa got to see her friends again. Here she is with Serenity!

Aren't they getting so big!

Ryan and I both made MAJOR changes in our lives this past week. I put in my leave of absence at work, so I'm officially going to be a Stay at Home Mom! I'm thrilled to have the chance to spend this year at home with Tessa! That means I have an extremely busy week ahead of me, cleaning out my classroom and storing all my stuff! Thank goodness for family, Bethany and my mom are coming down to help, plus we hired one of the nannies from the speed-dating event to watch Tessa while I sort through my classroom!

Ryan just got word that he'll be needed in Sacramento starting on Monday! I can't believe he's actually going to have to leave! We've been so lucky to have him here for the first 11 weeks of Tessa's life! Fortunately, his schedule up in Sac will be working four 10 hour days, so he can fly home on Thursday nights. We're going to miss him so much, but we knew this day was coming.

So as not to leave on a downer, here's a fun picture Tessa and I took one morning. She and I like to spend a few minutes in bed each morning just laughing and enjoying each other before the day begins. I obviously had not been out of bed yet, so pardon my puffy eyes and messy hair! My daughter, on the other hand, looks beautiful, as always!

1 comment: