Monday, September 27, 2010

Half a Year!


Today Tessa is six months old! That is half of the year already! Tessa’s 6 month well baby check-up is tomorrow, so I’ll post her measurements tomorrow night.

Tessa, you are half a year old already! These past 6 months have been the best and most adventurous of our lives! You had a busy month. Here’s what you’re up to:
• You are barely wearing size 3-6 month clothing still and just moved up to a size 3 diaper, although they are really big on you.
• We went on our first long road trip this month to Ventura, Sacramento, Angels Camp, back to Sacramento, and back to Ventura! You were such a trooper in the truck and only whined a little bit! You got to meet your new cousin Scotland, your Lopez cousins, the Fulp family, Stephanie and Rob, your cousins Amy, Ryan, and Gavin, and the Eveland family. Everyone loved meeting you!
• We went to the California State Capitol building. I have wanted to go there for decades, so I took you for the tour! We didn’t get to meet the Governor, but you got to experience your first protest while we were there!

• You are communicating pretty well. I know your cries and yells much better now. You have even signed “milk” a couple of times to tell me you’re hungry!
• We started to feed you solid food last week. You aren’t quite sure what to do with it yet, but seem to enjoy exploring the new things we’ve given you.

• You are sitting so well now! You sit more often than you lay down now, while playing. You have become so strong and are confident enough to reach for your toys!
• You have graduated to the big tub! You like it so much more than your baby tub and the shower. You never liked your baby tub, and you barely tolerated the shower, but you actually have tried to enjoy the tub a couple of times! I know you'll be a good bather someday. You have to be! You're MY child!
Picture was censored to protect Tessa's privacy!

• I left you at child care for the first time this month for MOPS. I cried when I left the room. So did Grammie! Grammie’s friend, Miss Mary, checked on you several times and said you were playing, swinging, and sleeping. When I picked you up, you were asleep with a toy gripped in your little hands! The nursery care lady said you had fun and played with the other little girl in the room most of the time. I know you’re going to be little miss social!
• You are now facing out in your big girl stroller. I think you like it, because you get to see a lot more of the world!

• You danced this morning for the first time! When you are in your exersaucer, you like to push the music buttons, and this morning I found you swaying and bouncing along with the music!

You got to spend a lot of time with Daddy this month! I think you are just as lucky as he is to get to spend all that time together! You are both my favorite people, and I love you so much!

I put together a collage of the pictures of her first 6 months. Look how much she has grown!

And here is a comparison from when she was just a few minutes old to now!

Last year at this time:

No comments:

Post a Comment