Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shutterfly Holdiay Cards

One of my favorite holiday traditions is the sending of Christmas cards. I love getting mail. Let me re-phrase. I love getting personal mail! I remember growing up, checking outside to see if the flag on the mailbox had been put down, signaling that the mailman had come! The best time of the year for mail is the holidays because of all the holiday cards. The best holiday cards are, of course, photo cards! I love seeing all the unique shots families choose to send each Christmas. I love the different designs available to make cards. I love it all!

For the past three years, I have made photo cards for our little two-person Lopez family. I am so excited for our Christmas cards this year. You know they will be featuring Tessa! Shutterfly has their Holiday line up and ready for ordering. I have already been to their website 3 or 4 times, looking at the different cards, and playing around with our photos. I love using Shutterfly because you get an instant preview of your card, they are extremely quick (for those last-minute orders!), you can have your photos printed at a local store for pick up if you prefer, and they are very affordable!

You may have heard (or maybe not!) that Shutterfly has upgraded their cards this year to premium cardstock. I would never have known the difference until I received a birth announcement on cardstock a few months ago. It is really nice! I was very pleased to see that Shutterfly is now offering their premium cardstock for the holiday cards!

They have both folded cards and flat cardstock stationary cards. I like the folded ones because you can personalize the greeting, but I really think the flat one makes for nice and easy Christmas card sending! If you don’t really have time to sit down and write a card to all of your friends and loved ones during this busy season, you can personalize the inside of the folded cards with more pictures and a greeting! They will even stamp and mail the cards for you, for those who REALLY don't have time!

Shutterfly also has a great line of their good ol’ flat photo cards. You’ve got to go check out the really cool features they have added this year! Now is the time to get your order in if you want to be ahead of the game!

I won’t be ordering until December, when we get Tessa’s photo shoot images. I’ve already been playing around, though, with our “sneak peek” image. Isn’t this Joy card so simple yet sweet! I think it’s my favorite. Just imagine it with Tessa's sweet little smile and sparkling eyes!

Another really cool thing Shutterfly is doing this year is a special blogger promotion! Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… sign up: http://bit.ly/sfly2010 Whoo hoo!! Go sign up today and get those free cards!

There are also many photo gifts available. My favorite is the personalized wall calender. I made one for my sister 4 or 5 years ago, and it still hangs on her wall! The photos are just too cute to throw out! Almost everything is 20% off right now, so hurry and order!

*And for those of you who are right on top of it all, Shutterfly actually has their Valentine's Cards ready, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment