Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weekend with Daddy!

I just realized I haven't posted all week! I have my Snapshots of Life post ready for tomorrow morning, and saw that my last post was Snapshots of Life for last week! Tessa and I have been busy!
Last weekend, Ryan was home for four whole days! It was spectacular! We picked him up from the airport late Wednesday night, and Tessa couldn't stop smiling! She was asleep in his arms, but kept waking up just to smile. It melted my heart to see her with her daddy!

Thursday morning, Ryan went to our MamaFit workout with us! It is always nice to have a Daddy or two there to help with the babies. We also had our monthly morning picnic in La Jolla. Ryan joined us there, too!

Saturday was a fun family day. We took Tessa to Toys 'R Us for the first time! Ryan really wanted to get her a wagon. She LOVES it! He had to go all out and get the Radio Flyer with the canopy and the cooler attached to the back. I know this wagon will become a necessary part of our trips to the park and beach in the years to come!

After our trip to Toys 'R Us, we went down to Balboa Park and met up with some friends from one of my new moms groups. We had an impromptu photo shoot! Two of the moms have nice cameras and they wanted to get some shots of the babies. I am always up for getting cute shots of little T! I love how they turned out, even though nobody there was a professional. Here are a few of the pictures we got:

And of course a baby group photo!

Ryan even got behind the camera for a few shots! Not surprisingly, he is a really good photographer!

Saturday night we went to a friend's house to watch the big boxing match. I am not really a fight fan, so I spent a lot of the time upstairs talking to our friend who is a soon-to-be new mom and sharing any advice I could! I do have to say, I enjoyed watching the main fight. I watched the 60 Minutes about "Pac Man" and was glad to see him win!

Sunday was completely a family day. We took Tessa to the park in her new wagon. She went on the swings for a little while, and we blew bubbles! It was such a nice, low-key way to spend time together as a family. We don't get to do that often enough!


Sunday night we were supposed to go to a charity event at my friend's gym, but we opted out and stayed home to spend the evening relaxing as a family and enjoying our last few hours together before Ryan had to fly back to Sacramento. If you are feeling charitable and want to donate to a GREAT cause, you can "buy a pie" for Thanksgiving. If you live in San Diego, you can actually get a pie in return for your donation!

Ryan won't be coming home this weekend. I'm pretty bummed, but am very excited for the upcoming four day weekend! My birthday is next week and I am so excited to spend the day with Ryan and Tessa!

No comments:

Post a Comment